|Welcome Back, Carter|
|Air date||July 10, 2009|
|Written by||Bruce Miller|
|Directed by||Matthew Diamond|
| Preceded by|
"From Fear to Eternity"
| Followed by|
"Your Face or Mine"
|Cast | Transcript|
|Season 2||Season 4|
Carter hunts for a new job, having been forced out by the DoD. Lupo resigns from the police force when she is passed over for the new arrival, Sheriff Andy. Meanwhile, gravity is behaving oddly, and not even his encyclopedic knowledge can keep the new Sheriff out of trouble.
- Carter: Vince, can I get a burger?
- Vince: A simple meal for a simple man.
- Dr. Leonardo: So where are your uniforms?
- Carter: Er it's an unofficial visit.
- Dr. Leonardo: So is true that you guys got fired?
- Jo: He got fired, I, uh, I quit.
- Dr. Leonardo: Bummer.
- Allison: [translating for Sheriff Andy] I just came to town why would someone want to murder me?
- Carter: I would, I mean, if I wanted my job back.
- Allison: Me too.
- Jo: I wouldn't mind seeing you dead. No offense.
- Jo: There's tiny bit of trouble with the traffic light on main street.
- Carter: [on the Phone] Well, what's wrong?
- Jo: Now it's kinda in main street.
- (Sheriff Andy has just been fried by a tensor field)
- Sheriff Andy: [moaning] Ouch! I don't think I like this job.