|Air date||July 11, 2011|
|Written by|| Bruce Miller & Jaime Paglia (Story)|
Bruce Miller (Teleplay)
|Directed by||Mike Rohl|
| Preceded by|
"O Little Town..."
| Followed by|
|Cast | Transcript|
|Season 3||Season 5|
An accident in the lab results and Fargo and Zane Donovan to be fired into space in a sixty-year-old rocket with no telemetry or re-entry capability. Meanwhile, ANDY is having relationship trouble with SARAH.
Zane pesters Jo for details she does not want to reveal. Carter problem-solves at Andy and S.A.R.A.H.'s wedding. Elsewhere, Zane's actions make him and Fargo, who was "Playing with himself" as a space commander in a command pod, unexpectedly liftoff in a dysfunctional Mercury-Gemini era spacecraft.
Zane: Hey, Lupo. Guess we won't get a chance to dance at that wedding after all.
Zane: That's probably better, though. You probably wouldn't be able to keep your hands to yourself, right?
Fargo: Don't you have work to do!? Say, an ion damper that was supposed to be ready, what, three weeks ago?
Zane: I'll get to it, Little Big Man. You know, you can't ignore me forever, Lupo.
Lupo: (to Fargo) Here's the, uh, overnight report. There was a micro-breach in the limitless sewage line. It tripped the bio-sensor. Nothing major, just (looking meaningfully at Zane) annoying.
Zane: You are so cute.
Fargo: Ion damper. Now. Or I'll send you back to the mucus lab.
Zane: Well. (leaves)
Fargo: No problem. But you know, Jo, you're gonna...
Lupo: (holding up a hand) Fargo.
Fargo: You're gonna have to explain the engagement ring some time.
Lupo: Well I'm really hoping that he'll be transferred to the North Pole or, I dunno, shot into outer space. (smiling) That'd be nice.
Deputy ANDY: I'm on a horse!
- The music played while Fargo is first weightless in space is similar to "
- "Also Sprach Zarathustra" is iconically used in "2001: A Space Odyssey".
- Fargo says "Engage" before turning on the FTL drive; this is done in reference to a common line said by Jean-Luc Picard in "Star Trek: The Next Generation".
- Deputy ANDY's line "I'm on a horse" references the famous Old Spice commercial.
- The interceptor missile launch at 12:28 is U.S. Army footage of a Pershing 1A missile launch.