Eureka (known as A Town Called Eureka in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland) is an American science fiction television series that premiered on Syfy on July 18, 2006. Five seasons later, it closed out on July 16, 2012.
The show is set in a fictional town called Eureka, Oregon, buried in the Pacific Northwest, inhabited almost entirely by geniuses and scientists. Nearly everyone in Eureka works for Global Dynamics, a huge advanced research facility responsible for the development of nearly all major technological breakthroughs in the last 50 years. Each episode features a mysterious, accidental or intentional misuse of technology, which the town Sheriff, Jack Carter, then solves with the help of town scientists. Each season also features a larger story arc that concerns a particular major event or item.
The series was created by Andrew Cosby and Jaime Paglia and is produced by Universal Media Studios. While initially lacking in strong critical acclaim, Eureka has been a popular success, averaging 3.2 million viewers during the second half of season three. In 2007, Eureka was nominated for the Emmy Award for Outstanding Visual Effects for a Series and won the Leo Award for Best Visual Effects in a Dramatic Series. In the United Kingdom on Sky1 the show is known as A Town Called Eureka although it is also shown under its original name on the BT Vision platform.
On February 16, 2012, Syfy announced that the show's fifth and final season would premiere on April 16, 2012. However, it was announced that one additional episode of the fifth season was approved in order to give the series a proper finale.
- Colin Ferguson as Jack Carter (Season 1-5)
- Salli Richardson-Whitfield as Allison Blake (Season 1-5)
- Joe Morton as Henry Deacon (Season 1-5)
- Jordan Hinson as Zoe Carter (Seasons 1–3, Recurring Seasons 4–5)
- Ed Quinn as Nathan Stark (Seasons 1–3)
- Erica Cerra as Jo Lupo (Season 1-5)
- Neil Grayston as Douglas Fargo (Recurring Seasons 1–2, Seasons 3–5)
- Matt Frewer as Jim Taggart (Recurring Seasons 1–4)
- Debrah Farentino as Beverly Barlowe (Recurring Seasons 1–4)
- Niall Matter as Zane Donovan (Recurring Season 2, Seasons 3–5)
- James Callis as Trevor Grant (Season 4)
- Chris Gauthier as Vincent (Recurring Seasons 1–5)